T. Gregory Schafer
New Orleans, Louisiana
Phone: (504) 522-0011
Fax: (504) 523-2795
TIMOTHY GREGORY SCHAFER represents a broad range of clients, from individuals to corporations and insurers. His experience includes multiple jury trials, numerous bench trials and hundreds of motions and other court hearings. Mr. Schafer has a reputation as a skilled trial attorney who has a passion for trial work.
Mr. Schafer’s career as an attorney who has tried a large number of jury trials was acknowledged by his peers through his election to the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), a prestigious organization in which all members have extensive jury trial experience. Membership in ABOTA is by invitation only, extended after a lengthy investigation. When elected, Mr. Schafer was one of ABOTA’s youngest members.
Mr. Schafer also has handled a large number of appeals. Through his practice of prosecuting cases to their conclusion, he has obtained favorable decisions in the courts of appeal and Louisiana Supreme Court.
Areas of Practice:
- Insurance Defense
- Complex Litigation
- First Responder Litigation
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- University of Colorado, Boulder, CO - B.A., With distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana - J.D., , Cum Laude
- American Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Defense Research Institute
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel